- Property Assessment Guides and Resources
- Property Assessment Appeal Guide for Wisconsin Real Property Owners
- Objection Form for Real Property Assessment
- Accident Investigation Form
- Tourism Promotion Committee 2017 Grant Program Application Guidelines and Information
- Special Event Ordinance & Permit Application
Marie A. Moe
115 West pleasant Street
Portage, WI 53901
608-742-2176, Ext. 333
The City Clerk’s Office provides administrative support to the Common Council and department managers, serving as an informational and documents resource center for all city departments and the general public alike.
Among the City Clerk’s specific duties and responsibilities are:
- Serves as the legal custodian of all official City documents; maintains custody, control, filing and storage of ordinances, resolutions, and meeting minutes.
- Administers elections and all election related activities as required by Federal and Wisconsin laws; maintains Statewide Voter Registration System for the City.
- Coordinates and schedules official meeting of the Common Council, Council Committees, and public hearings; ensuring compliance with the Wisconsin Open Meetings Law.
- Records for permanent record the minutes of all Common Council meetings.
- In concert with City Assessor coordinates the annual property assessment process; prepares and maintains the Assessment Roll.
- Prepares and maintains the Tax Roll.
- Receives and responds to all Open Records requests in accordance with the Wisconsin Open Records Law.
- Issues various Municipal and State licenses and permits
- Receives and processes insurance claims filed against or on behalf of the City.