608-742-2176 ext. 105
In-Person Absentee Voting:
Location: First Floor of Municipal Building
City Clerk's Office, Rebecca C Ness
First Floor of Municipal Building
115 W Pleasant St, Portage, Wi 53901-1742
Voting Location: City Municipal Building (City Hall) Lower Level, 115 West Pleasant Street
- Do you need to register or update your registration, Click here MyVote.
Check out https://myvote.wi.gov
Register to vote
Update name or address
Check voting status and history
Request an absentee ballot
Find polling location
See what is on ballot
Don’t wait to request an absentee ballot for the Next Election
- First class mail takes 2 – 5 days to arrive at your home
- Ways to request an absentee ballot (Requests must be in writing)
-MyVote Wisconsin website
-Download the Application for Absentee Ballot (EL-121) and send it in. Proper Photo ID must accompany your request.
Things to remember when returning your absentee ballot.
- Your ballot must be received by the time the polls close on Election Day.
- Postage has already been placed on the envelope.
- First class mail takes 2 – 5 days to reach the City Clerk’s office.
- If it is the week before the election, hand deliver to the City Clerk’s Office.
Track your absentee ballot in MyVote for the following:
- Absentee request approved
- When your ballot is being prepared by the City Clerk’s Office
- When the ballot was sent
- When the City Clerk’s Office has received your absentee ballot.
Where can I get more information?
- Call the Deputy Clerk, Rebecca Ness at 608-742-2176 ext. 105 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A photo ID is now required to vote. Plan now to make sure you have an acceptable photo ID to vote. Click on the following links for acceptable photo ids:.GAB Photo ID and Bring It Wisconsin